- Single Rocker switches: ZBT-S1AWH
- Dual Rocker switches: ZBT-S2AWH
|ILLUMRA ZigBee Switch|
ZBT-S1AWH or ZBT-S2AWH
|Philips EasySense sensor|
SNS120, SNS200, or SNS210
Overview: ILLUMRA ZigBee switches are compatible with Philips EasySense sensors and require a commissioning sequence to establish communication. The commissioning sequence does 2 things:
- Configures switch to transmit on the same ZigBee channel used by the EasySense sensor. EasySense sensor selects one of 15 available ZigBee channels for communication to minimize interference.
- Saves security credentials and a unique ID from the switch into the sensor's memory. After the EasySense sensor saves information from the switch, it will respond to commands transmitted by the switch.
Commissioning: Activate commissioning mode by selecting ONE button on the switch and pressing the ONE button in a sequence:
- Activate switch pairing mode in the Philips App
- Hold for one button 10 seconds, release.
- Hold for same button 2 seconds, release.
- Hold for same button 10 seconds, release.
- Subsequent quick presses of the same button will advance through the ZigBee channels. The SNS200 enabled fixture will flash when the correct channel is found.
- Close pairing mode in the app
- IMPORTANT: Press a different button on the switch to close the pairing mode on the switch. (If this step is skipped, pressing the the same button will change the channel and pairing will be broken.)
- Video - Philips instructions for linking wireless switch
- Video - Linking ILLUMRA ZigBee Switch to Philips EasySense controller (SNS102)
- Problem: After commissioning, the single rocker switch cannot turn the fixture OFF, it just dims them up and down.
- Solution: The rocker is likely assembled in the wrong orientation. Review this video - Confirming ZigBee Self-Powered switch is assembled correctly or access this pdf instruction sheet to fix the issue.
- Problem: Sensors are not behaving as expected
- Solution A: Try recommissioning the system
- Solution B: Review at other articles on the support website for a potential solution
- Solution C: Issue a “Warranty support” request in this webform: https://www.signify.com/en-us/get-in-touch/contact-us A technical support expert will call you back to help.
- Solution D: Contact Philips Lighting Support at website or Phone number: 1-800-555-0050