ILLUMRA ZBT-S1AWH and ZBT-S2AWH switches are for use with the Philips EVO200, EvoKit, Spacewise DT, SNS120, SNH200, SNS200, SNS210 MC.
Philips EasySense configuration software is used to configure the behavior and allows the left rocker to be configured for On/Off function and also works as press and hold dim to adjust brightness up and down. If using a Dual Rocker switch, the right side can be configured for Scene Recall - the top and bottom buttons each dim to a level that is adjustable in the configuration software.
|ILLUMRA Single Rocker Switch|
|ILLUMRA Dual Rocker Switch|
EVO200, EvoKit, Spacewise DT, SNS120, SNH200, SNS200, SNS210 MC
|On/Off (quick press) and Raise/Lower function (press and hold)||On/Off (quick press)|
Raise/Lower function (press and hold)
2 scene recall buttons (right rocker)
|Comes with fixture or EvoKit|
(not sold by ILLUMRA)
(SNS120 is not compatible with ZBT-S2AWH)
Overview: ILLUMRA ZigBee switches control Philips Sensor enabled fixtures after a commissioning sequence is followed to establish communication. The commissioning sequence does 2 things:
- Channel assignment: Upon initial start up, the EasySense sensor scans and auto-selects one of 15 available ZigBee channels (frequencies) to minimize communication interference. Commissioning configures the switch to transmit on the same channel auto-selected by the EasySense sensor.
- Secure binding: During commissioning, the switch transmits security credentials and a unique ID to the sensor so they can bind together. Once the EasySense sensor saves security credentials from the switch, it will respond to commands transmitted by the switch in normal operation.
Commissioning: Activate commissioning mode by selecting ONE button on the switch and pressing the ONE button in a sequence:
- Activate switch pairing mode in the Philips App
- Hold one button for 10 seconds, release.
- Hold same button for 2 seconds, release.
- Hold same button for 10 seconds, release.
- Subsequent quick presses of the same button will advance through the ZigBee channels. The SNS200 enabled fixture will flash when the correct channel is found.
- Close pairing mode in the app
- IMPORTANT: Press a different button on the switch to close the pairing mode on the switch. (If this step is skipped, pressing the the same button will change the channel and pairing will be broken.)
- Philips Sensor comparison datasheet
- Video - Philips instructions for linking wireless switch
- Video - Linking ILLUMRA ZigBee Switch to Philips EasySense controller (SNS102)
- Philips SNS210 MC Sensor landing page
- SNS210 MC Sensor User manual
- Philips Sensor App Manual
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can each rocker be configured to control a different fixture?
- No, Fixtures can be grouped to be controlled together and the EasySense configuration software does not support configuring one switch to control different fixtures or groups of fixtures.
- Does the fixture recall the last level when it is turned off and back on?
- No. The fixture always turns on to the configured level and then can be raised or lowered by pressing and holding the switch up or down.
- How can we edit scene levels?
- Yes. The scene levels adjusted with the software and can be different for each sensor in the group. eg. Lights at front of conference room at different level than rest of room. Refer to page 33 of the Easysense app manual to configure the scenes.
- Problem: After commissioning, the single rocker switch cannot turn the fixture OFF, it just dims them up and down.
- Solution: The rocker is likely assembled in the wrong orientation. Review this video - Confirming ZigBee Self-Powered switch is assembled correctly or access this pdf instruction sheet to fix the issue.
- Problem: Sensors are not behaving as expected
- Solution A: Confirm that the correct device is selected in the Philips software, eg. SNS200 or SNS102
- Solution B: Try recommissioning the system
- Solution C: Review other articles on the support website for a potential solution
- Solution D: Issue a “Warranty support” request in this webform: https://www.signify.com/en-us/get-in-touch/contact-us A technical support expert will call you back to help.
- Solution E: Contact Philips Lighting Support at website or Phone number: 1-800-555-0050